Customer Feature Requests
- Added support for decoding Sony RAW MXF files.
- Added support for decoding CineForm video.
- Added support for decoding ProRes in an MXF OP-1a container.
- Added support for decoding E-AC3 (Dolby Digital Plus) audio.
- Switch can now detect AAC-ELD (Enhanced Low Delay) and can decode it on macOS.
- Switch now allows external preview of remapped audio, as long as the video is still in passthrough mode.
- Switch will now include QuickTime metadata in MP4 exports.
- Added support for external preview of 4K video via four quadrants of SDI on certain AJA devices.
- Added support for AJA Io Express devices for external preview.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for switching between inspect and edit mode in the inspector.
- Added a 24p preset for BluRay exports.
- Improved our experimental support for IMF packages by updating to the 2016 specifications.
- Added support for VBI captions in MPEG-2 long-GOP video.
- Switch will now ignore invalid byte counts in MXF partitions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented playback of some files using the BT.2020 colorspace.
- Fixed a bug that prevented detection of captions from some interlaced files when the “Improve playback performance by giving up search for captions after the first few samples” was enabled.
- Fixed a bug that degraded the performance of scrubbing through MOV and MP4 files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented playback of some frame-wrapped MXF IMX files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented deletion or modification of files that were previously opened in Switch bug had been closed.
- Fixed a bug that caused loss of audio/video synchronization in some files when using external preview through an AJA Io 4K or Kona 4 device.
- Fixed a bug that caused loss of audio/video synchronization when exporting long-GOP content to container other than MOV or MP4 when there was a trim that was not aligned to an I-frame.
- Switch will now be more lenient when decoding some Elemental Server HEVC MP4 files whose ‘hvcC’ atoms are missing parameter sets.
- Fixed a bug that caused loss of audio/video synchronization with progressive segmented frame video when using external preview to an AJA Kona LHi.
- Fixed a bug that prevented display of closed captions from HEVC/H.265 MPEG-2 Transport Stream files.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to export some AVC MPEG-2 Transport Streams to MXF OP-1a containers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented localizations from working on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Fixed a bug that caused Switch to be unable to find timecode in an MXF file that has no source-package timecode track but did have a material-package timecode track.
- Fixed a crash when encountering invalid timecode.
- Fixed a bug that prevented playback of some ASF files.
- Switch now prefers the audio settings obtained from AC-3 and EC-3 essence over redundant settings in the MOV container.
- Switch can now correctly recognize Avid JPEG-2000 (‘AVj2’) video.
- Frames with long durations make time display appear to stall because it always shows the presentation time of the current frame.
- ASF files with variable frame rate display incorrect frame rate in the inspector.
- Detection of interlaced content in Windows Media files is not currently supported.
- WMV sources exported to H.264 in either MPEG-2 TS or PS containers can results in A/V synchronization problems.
- Publishing settings are lost when canceling to edit settings to meet requirements.
- Ancillary LTC timecode is not passed when using the KONA 4G card with the 4K driver.
- Ancillary LTC timecode is not passed while seeking or scrubbing through media.
Mac App Store
- In the Mac App Store version of Switch, when opening a file that references other files, such as QuickTime Reference Movies or IMF XML files, Switch will prompt the user to explicitly give permission to open each of the referenced files in order to satisfy the sandbox security requirements. Users who purchase Switch directly from Telestream will not have to perform these additional steps.
- Users who purchase Switch Plus from the Mac App Store and then decode to purchase Switch Pro are not offered upgrade pricing, but instead must pay full price.